Thursday, May 22, 2014

Our Real Motivation

    Our kids hopped on their bikes tonight, squeezing the last drips out of a gorgeous Florida spring day.  My husband had lowered the seat on my daughter's free bike scored last night and it was certainly a perfect fit.  I watched her a bit and then crept back in the house to prepare one of the new recipes I had shopped for on Saturday.  It was a winner, turkey meatballs with tomato and mozzarella cheese squished inside, served over noodles and marinara sauce.  My newly licensed driver took one of the littles to the library to pick out some new books, which both littles climbed up into my son's top bunk to read before bed.  A strange leak from the minivan sent my husband to the auto parts store for some free advice and a extra part they had lying around.  After finishing some cute end-of-the year photos for my students at school and cleaning the kitchen, I poured myself a glass of wine and enjoyed the many successes of the day. Tomorrow is a Friday, and I am looking forward to movie night tomorrow (I have a free Redbox code), Saturday brings our money coach meeting (which I believe will have some exciting news!) plus a Jacksonville Suns game that night (free for the whole family, including food, from my teacher's union).  Sunday will be church followed by a trip to the beach (completely free, huge perk of living near the coast), and Monday will be a Memorial picnic/pool party with our best friends (for the cost of lots of corn on the cob, a dessert, and beverages).  But this is what is funny to me; these things are the things I post as ways to enjoy life and spend less.  People might think we do them because we are cheap or free, and they would be wrong. We do them because this is our life. This is what we enjoy. And tonight, at this outlet sale kitchen table I believe I posted about months ago, there is no where else I would rather be. I hope you can all say the same, sitting, reading this, wherever you might be. Enjoy the little things this upcoming weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment