Thursday, May 1, 2014

Money Diet Day 1

Experts claim when you write down what you eat and count the calories, you tend to eat less.  This tedious routine has helped many people lose excess weight.  That is the same mentality happening here.  We are on a two week period of recording ALL EXPENDITURES. The results will be turned in to our money coach as a way to zone in on the "fat" in our budget.  I am still quite curious about what will be said by the money coaches and where they see our waste, and I will be sure to post it here.  Today, we have already spent $70.07 on a tank of gas for a minivan, and $4.94 on my husband's lunch.  Oh, and the mortgage cleared today as well as my kids' gymnastics bill and an auto parts purchase.  NOT the best start, I am afraid....I need to rein it in so we have a chance at winning!!! I am hoping I can make up for lost time(and money) this weekend with a super-slim grocery store bill, meal plan, and free/cheap entertainment.  Let me know any great cheap meals your family loves as well as any fun things happening this weekend that will let us enjoy life as a family, as well as give the other competitors some real competition.  I challenge you to try a money diet with me and see if you find any fat in your budget, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment