Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Free To A Good Home....Beautiful Words!

        There is no such thing as a free kitten. Agreed.  However, keeping your eyes open for other free items (that are not alive) is a way to enhance your life without budging your bank account.  Tonight, we dropped our kiddos off at their Wednesday night gymnastics classes.  Walking through the lobby was a rush of putting my daughter's hair up, getting shoes into the cubbies, and I paid no attention to a bike parked right in the front lobby.  Soon, I realized my daughter's water bottle was still in the car, so I rushed out to get it.  Doing this forced me again through the lobby where we saw the bike seen below, along with the note, "Free to a good home" This bike just happened to be a girls bike, with a kickstand, and a Schwinn, nonetheless.  The seat was up a bit too high,  but can easily be lowered to my girl's perfect height.  Confession, someone easily could have just taken this bike to resell online.  But my daughter actually needs a bike, as her Disney Princess bike she received as a Christmas Gift two years ago now has its training wheels removed with no kickstand to keep it up.  She has also grown considerably from then four, to her now six and a half.  You may recall, my son recently upgraded his bike via a $6.99 Diego bike found nearly new at Goodwill. Now, my daughter has upgraded, too.  I imagine tomorrow night's free family fun will be a bike ride after dinner!
        So keep your eyes open for things people are giving away. We actually keep a free table at my work for people to place goodies for grabs.  My son's daycare has a free table as well.  Emails are another big way people give away their goods in the workplace, and I have even seen Facebook posts offering up items (although they usually aren't in my state!)  Try to pay it forward by passing on your quality items to a new owner....for example, I have a coworker at work who is going to inherit some boy things for her new baby boy to be from my three year old's clothing collection he has outgrown.  Maybe it is time for you to create a free table at your school or workplace, and maybe you can start the trend to  find some things for free you would have had to buy anyways.  I am certainly happy I will not need be bike shopping for a while!

                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment