Friday, May 9, 2014

Check Your Email

  1.       My husband has two email addresses, one for real people,  and one he uses for a junk email of sorts when companies ask for his email.  That way, his real email box doesn't get overloaded with spam and junk email.  Originally, I thought that was quite smart but never got around to setting one up for myself, and now I am at the point that is not what I want. I actually WANT to see the emails from companies I buy from. Why? They save me money.  Of course, the disclaimer is they only save you money IF you were about to buy from them anyways.  Today in my email box alone I had:
  • $1 gift certificate to Amazon
  • 75 cents of a Redbox Code
  • $20 in free Shutterfly Money
  • Free nailpolish with Special K cereal purchase
.     2.     Truthfully, I may or may not cash in on any of these opportunities because they do require I spend money, and any email that persuades you to buy something you wouldn't ordinarily buy is doing its job and not truly saving you money.  However, if hubby and I were already planning on renting a Redbox,ordering something off Amazon, making a gift on Shutterfly, ect.  checking our email first could save us real money we were planning on spending, which is real savings.  So check your emails, and check them often. Fight the temptation to spend to save, but embrace the savings for the things you were going to buy anyways without the discount in your email box.

      3.  If your email gets crazy crowded like mine, you can just search the company before you make a purchase and see if you have any emails with potentials savings codes inside. Plus, remember to open the email before you decide if there is an offer to save inside.  It is not always possible to tell from the subject line. 

       Let us know if you see any good email offers in your inbox that save you real money this weekend!  I am hoping I actually need  to use the Redbox coupon at some point this weekend for some relaxation time with my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment