Saturday, January 12, 2013

Babies Can't Clean, But 2-Year-Olds CAN

Having a baby is the house is a marathon...caretaking, cleaning, laundry, nursing, feeding, laundry, diapers, baths, whew!  New parents have to rapidly juggle all the responsibilities life piles on us.  But as our children grow, it is supposed to get EASIER, right??  In a few days, I will have a 1-year-old house guest (and of course, his family as well).  How quickly we forget what a difference a year makes.  My 2-year-old knows what to and what not to put in his mouth.  He has also learned a bit how to help me clean!  I wonder if this is the point people forget all the work babies are and decide to do it again?  I think this crawling through my house to make sure it is safe may be the ultimate reminder of how far we have come with these little kids and probably a lot more work than I remember to go back and do it again.  Moms with babies out there...God bless you!  I am exhausted, and he is not even here to visit me yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment