Friday, February 28, 2014

Home Theater

I love the joy this simple activity brings to my little kids along with the fact I can do it without budging my bank account.  It is Friday night here....LOVELY! Technically it is payday, which should afford a splurge. However, my paycheck was splurged on a large medical bill from delivering my son nearly 4 years ago (with insurance! I have been paying $125/month for YEARS! But it is paid off as of today....) So rather than taking the family out to eat or visiting a movie theater, we made our living room a home theater.  The kids ate corn dogs and fries and picked out a movie from our collection.  A dollar bag of candy and some leftover Valentines helped the fun feel. The lights are off and we are snuggled up. Fabulous Friday without forking over our hard earned pay! I'd love if you would comment below your favorite Friday night family fun on a budget!

2 comments:

  1. Has anyone discovered the secret of HOW to post here.....my friends/family are completely stumped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Repeat tonight in the house, and it hasn't gotten old! Hoping for the zoo tomorrow where there is a new Tiger exhibit opening and it won't cost us a dime with our membership, either. I wonder how much we could do in a weekend without pulling out from our bank account...

    ReplyDelete