Monday, January 7, 2013

Use Your 2013 Calendar to the MAX!

Moms are busy; calendars are essential! But I make my calendar work oh so hard for the money.  Not only do I write down appointments, meetings and parties.  I also include menus (planning out two weeks of meals after each payday to ensure we make it to the next paycheck with full bellies) to avoid the "What's for dinner?" debacle that can often wind up causing overspending at a restaurant or takeout.  Usually I only list the entree to save calendar space and just choose the sides at the time of cooking, making sure I keep lots of healthy side items in my freezer/pantry/cupboards. Finally, another great calendar addition is coupon expiration dates.  How many times have you saved a coupon to only let it pass expiration date unused?  Most likely, this is followed by an immediate need for the item to be bought at full price right after!  Noting a few of the best coupons you have is a great reminder to use them before you lose them.  Tonight, I get my haircut. Why? Because, yes, I do need it, but also because I have a 1/2 off at HairCuttery that expires TODAY.  If I hadn't have noted the date on my calendar, I may have missed the deadline only to pay full price tomorrow or the next day. Try adding this to your calendar and let us know if it helps save you some dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment