Friday, March 20, 2015

Enjoy a Little Time With a Little Money and Your Little Ones

       Spring Break has sprung! As a teacher, this is just a warm up to summer break, but still I am so welcome and so blessed to spend a week with my children.  We have even had extra time to spend time with friends and volunteer more.  Each morning I start with a little "extra" cleaning---spring cleaning, I guess!  Our family game cabinet was way over due with random pieces and crazy stacking action, as well as my laundry room, bathroom vanities, ugggg.   I am a firm believer if teachers did not have off spring and summer break, teacher's homes, at least my home, would be an avalanche of undone housework.  These breaks allow me to catch up on appointments, organizing, financial planning, But I do know that putting my house together, although fulfilling-----cannot dominate spring break!  Therefore, I have been designating morning (while the kids are in their jammies, still quite sleepy and calm) as cleaning time and then as the clock clicks closer to noon, getting my kids dressed and out of the house around lunchtime. I do not want my kids only memories of spring break to be mommy cleaning!  We have adventured out to the beach, a picnic, a park, swimming at a friend's, dessert outing, goodwill shopping (yes, they like this!) Of course, they all have a similar price tag (free or close it) I do believe my kids have had fun on these small adventures.  Tomorrow will be our final day of this fabulous break, and we will eat lunch at a friend's house and then meet more friends at the community pool. That price tag still matches!  Perfect, that leaves money to enjoy if we would like over the weekend when my husband is off work as well. I am thankful I am not one of those people who think the more money you spend, the more fun you are having.  I challenge you all to see how much fun you can have without spending much money!  Enjoy your kids, enjoy your time off work, enjoy your spouses, and find things you can enjoy with or without a lot of cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment