Friday, January 6, 2012

I-I-I-I Work Out!

I am a freak.  I actually like to workout.  However, I am a mom first and foremost, and my gym (Planet Fitness, only $10, less if you pay the full year up front like I did!) has no childcare.  Plus, I work all day and the last thing I want to do after a long day away from my kids is leave my kids.  My solution? When the weather is nice, I stick my kids in our wagon and wheel them through the neighborhood with friends. Great conversation, and so nice to be with my kids...but not the biggest calorie burner around.  So, I have taken to 8pm workouts!  This allows me to put my munchkins to bed so they don't even know I am gone!  Off to the gym I go, with an Ipod, my Nook, and a (refillable) bottle of water.  Then I take to the treadmill for whatever I can squeeze in that night. Tonight was a bit of a dud. They closed at nine, and my rowdies wouldn't settle down until 8:30.  It was a deciding factor. Do I tell myself I have no time to exercise?  That is a lie! I have 30 minutes (20 after driving there) and by golly I used every last one.  500 calories burned? Not even close! But I will be happy to kiss the whopping 200 calories I did burn good bye!  Here is my challenge to you: don't say you don't have enough time for X, Y, or Z.  Make the time you do have work.  Read for five minutes or take a ten minute walk.  If we don't meet our goals because we don't even try to use the little bits of time we do have we are foolish.  What feats can you complete in five or ten minutes?

No comments:

Post a Comment