Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Not just money, TIME!

I have spent the past few days blogging about money...how to conserve, not waste, and trust me, I LOVE saving money. But I need to remember the little things I blog about is not just the little money I have, it is the little time I have, too! Truly, for many of us, time is more valuable than money.  Tonight was a sad night in the house.  My normal after bedtime work out did not happen.  Instead I spent the evening taking the kids to two of their favorite (freebie!) places.  After dinner we headed out to the library (uhh, free books? YES!) and PetSmart (My kids are animal freaks, they are more than happy to hang out peeking in the tanks without bringing anything home---our house is at it MAXIMUM PET CAPACITY with a dog and two cats)  Upon returning, there were bedtime rituals and books, and I wasn't free of little kids until after nine.  Normally, I would go ahead to the gym at this point....but my kitchen was not finished being cleaned, and lunches weren't yet packed. So with a somberness I accepted the fact there would be no calorie burning tonight.  An occasional off-night is acceptable, but I am trying maximize my time!  So....I am considering diving into the land of Once a Month Cooking.  Proponents of OAMC claim it saves you massive time because you do all chopping, cooking and washing on the same day (instead of in little segments every day).  I am quite intimidated, I have never done anything on a scale this large before, so I will need an smaller scale experiment  first.....OAWC (Once a Week Cooking).  On Sunday, I am planning on making all of my meals for the WEEK.  I want to see if it A. Actually Works B. Saves me Time and C. Will it save me money???? I will be going where no one in my family has gone before....wish me luck.  Also, please post any experience you have with this phenomena AND any meal ideas you think freeze well I can make on Sunday to pull out for meals this week. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment