Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Know when to say "Mercy!"

Too little time to post today!  I did make time to play Don't Break the Ice with my little ones MANY TIMES, read 4 books at bedtime to my kids, worked the treadmill for 40 minutes, and SQUEEZED a few minutes into Target to get my son the toddler train table on clearance for $45 (from $90!), AND tried a new meal for my family, "Cashew Chicken" from the book "Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half" I mentioned a few days ago on this blog.  It was REALLY GREAT, inexpensive, healthy, and possibly the best part, enough for two meals, so I froze half of it for a meal in a few weeks---Just simmer, make rice to serve it over and bon apetite (sorry to the French-Canadians if I spelled that wrong...no time for a dictionary tonight....) But as for the rest of my responsibilities, tonight I say , "MERCY!!!!!"

1 comment:

  1. A friend on face book had asked me to be a bit more specific on Cashew Chicken, here is the gist of the recipe: cook 2 big cups of diced celery, diced chicken, some onion, add a can (or 2 ) of cream of mushroom soup, cup of chicken broth, water chestnuts, 1tbsp of soy sauce, simmer and serve over rice, sprinkle chinese noodles and cashews over the top, I would say about $8-9 but it made two batches big enough for my family of 5 twice. We ate one batch fresh for dinner and put one in the freezer. You would have enough for probably 3 meals of 2 if you were feeding less people.And it was DELICIOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete