Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Power of Paint


Are you underwater?  Did that term even exist before the Great Recession?  We, like most Floridians who own their homes are underwater (I think I heard 60% mentioned in Obama's State of the Union? Can anyone confirm??) and can not, will not be able to move anywhere anytime soon (or ever?) That can feel a little depressing, so now is the time to improve your home (since you are stuck in it anyways!) This month, we refurbished two spaces in our home.  The first picture is my 4-year-old daughter's room. For the price of $10.97 for the gallon of paint, her room has a completely updated look.  We also rearranged furniture and hung a few things in different spots.  You can see a framed fairy picture and a dragonfly hook both purchased from my favorite store---Goodwill! I love how people think I am nuts to shop there, but I think the donations I see there lead me to believe the donators (spell check is saying that is NOT a word???) A.K.A.,  The shopaholics who donate all their brand new things there are the CRAZY ones, and I am there to swoop in and scoop it up with barely a budge to my budget.  Who's crazy now???

The second picture is my window seat in my front living room.  The paint for this came to a whopping $7 to contrast the previous light blue color with a sort of frame to the space!  The was also the prime time to fill in some pesky nail holes and a saggy curtain rod and rehang evenly.  Then, we (ok...not we...my husband) covered the seat part with leftover wood laminate from our kitchen redo a few years ago.  The black fluer de Lis (spelled wrong, for sure!) were less than $3 at Wal*Mart, and washing the curtains to make them look new? FREE!  Finally, the trim piece along the bottom, $6 at Home Depot!  A brand new reading nook for me (just add pillows) for just over $15.

Paint has a HUGE effect on your space.  If you are feeling blue, head to nearest paint counter and change it up.  You won't regret it, and it is a price we all can afford!

No comments:

Post a Comment