Monday, March 2, 2015

Goooooooooals!

     Morning radio is more talk than music it seems, and that is typically not my thing. I tend to flip the channel quickly when someone starts talking because I just want to zone out and not think for a bit on my ride to work.  But this morning, a radio dj did her job. I actually listened to not only her sentence, but her whole dialogue.  Even more surprising, I liked what she had to say, and I am going to try it.
     Each month she and her husband sit down and set a few goals for the new month. They can be dietary, fitness, financial or truly anything; but they are quick little attainable goals for the month.
      That is exactly my style. I love goals, and short-term goals are things I could actually succeed at!
So here they are:
My March 2015 Goals
1. Save $168 each paycheck we receive in the household---random number it may seem, but in my budget this dollar amount hits my target to pay back $2000 we paid for a used car in February by summertime.
2.  Plank 60 seconds continuously.  I started planking back in January of this year after seeing a fabulous drawing of the many muscles used in a plank. At first, they were sad (to the point hubby said, "that is not a plank") and short. But I am currently at 40 seconds and believe a second more each day (like 41 seconds tomorrow, 42 the day after that) will have me there by April.
3. Pray before getting on Facebook. Every day. Because all things trump Facebook, especially my maker.
4.  Create a do-it-yourself project in each child's room that each children can contribute to, work on, and feel the joy of improving their space.  My son's project was actually started tonight, and I will have to blog on it once it is complete. It is seeming like it will be awesome!!!

I would LOVE to check each of these goals off the list by April 1st and I think this could be a new addition for me life. Who would like to join with me? Who is willing to share their goals on my blog? I would love to cheer you on! There is something to be said for writing goals down as well---they are far more likely to be met when they are verbalized.  If nothing else, just post that you have set a goal but are keeping it private if you must.  Continue moving forward and making more of your life with little-little time, little kids, little money.

2 comments:

  1. Great Post. Looking forward to your update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must overly rely on facebook, I was looking for the "like" button on your post Hummingbird, LOL! #3 was done today, and hoping to get my plank in after walking my dog (which I usually do after dinner)

    ReplyDelete