Friday, March 14, 2014

Do You Make Salad Dressing? (I Do Now!)

I love buying our salad mix from Sam's Club, at less than $3 for a HUGE bag, and often we plant leaf lettuce in our backyard garden, great inexpensive, healthy filler to our meals.  However, I stockpile and coupon heavily for the pesky salad dressings, which I have paid as much as $4 a bottle for the fabulous ones.  But looky here! This might cut WAY back on the amount I pay for salad dressing this summer. It was a fabulous birthday gift from my mother-in-law, which I have used for four dressing batches in less than a month since I received it.  The recipes on the bottle are DELICIOUS, claim to be "Healthy Dressings" according to the label, and are incredibly inexpensive to make--I am strange, I have not had to buy a single ingredient specifically for these recipes because I cook with many of them and keep them on hand. Yes, even rice vinegar (purchased a huge bottle for $2.49. I use it for mei fun noodles with chicken and making sushi rolls ourselves) I am so excited about this, and should post some of the recipes here if you want to try to make them (I don't know where she bought this actual bottle from....)Do you see my son eating his healthy dinner in the background? This is the French Vinagrette, SO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment