Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Kids Can Be Cheap Dates!

Although the blog has really focused on little money lately, I need to refocus on little kids. I remember something my dad would say often, "There is always more money to be made." I stayed up late last night, too late, and went to sleep feeling a bit down after realizing I need to cut my monthly expenses $200.  Ewww.   That will be addressed, but ultimately, money is a tool, but not my priority.  My kids will not be kids forever and they need to be important--even more than my budget.  There is something SO ENJOYABLE about buying my kids movies, toys, and spending on family outings. I really do enjoy it!  But I need to get that in check.  My kids and I had a Taco Bell date today after school. We spent less than $6 and guess what they said??? "This is fun. Can we do this every day?"  Then I remembered something..roll back to when I was a teen...my mom and I had a standing Friday night date at Taco Bell, just her and I.  I guess I know why now. It was a cheap outing and a time to connect.  As I enter this season of cutting back our budget, I need to remember this. There is always more money to be made, kids are only kids once, and thankfully, kids are cheap dates!

No comments:

Post a Comment